Shattered Windows Of My Soul
Profile


Name: Bipolar Journal
From: Canada

View my complete profile

Recent Entries

Seeing My Social Worker Again
Listening For Voices In The Distance Darkness
Lack of Psychiatric Services For Children Under 16

Archives

04/09/06
05/05/06
05/22/06
05/25/06
06/01/06
12/17/06

LINKS

bp Hope Magazine
Mood Disorders Association of Ontario
Canadian Mental Health Association

Add to My AOL

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to Google






Get your own calendar

Friday, May 05, 2006

Psychiatrist - Medications

I am seriousily considerating over the next few months making an appt with my Pdoc, Dr. K. It has been at least since January the last time that I saw her. It may be time again to chat about the possibility of medication adjustment, but not a type of medication that is going to affect my thyroid to the extent that I am going to gain an enormous amount of weight.

My moods the past year appear to get easily destabilised by people, and my buttons are so easily pushed. I try to ignore what people say and/or let it go thru one ear and out the other. Often I hold it inside too and just wait for a moment that I can talk to somebody about what is bothering me about what was said and/or done to me.

There is only so much I can take when it comes to people picking on me and so much that I can ignore and/or hold in. I was doing so well the past year or so at holding things in, but not anymore....

I am starting to wonder if maybe I am developing an immunity to my medication, after all I have been on it for over 3 years. I am just so concerned about going on new Psych meds because of how it affects the weight. As it is, since I have been steadily on Psych meds I have gained over 40 lbs in 9 years. (difficult to take off).

As for others that read this blog, what types of mood stabilizers and anti-psychotics are you on that work for you and do they affect your weight? I am on Topomax and Seroquel. Would like to hear from others.

Bipolar Journal ~














---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home